Barclays Premier League
Venue: Carrow Road Date: Saturday, 22 August
Lineup, Bookings (0) & Substitutions (0)
Norwich manager Alex Neil could select the same starting line-up that beat Sunderland last weekend.
The injured trio of Kyle Lafferty, Youssouf Mulumbu and Martin Olsson remain on the sidelines.
Stoke manager Mark Hughes says club record signing Xherdan Shaqiri will be involved at some stage of the match.
Marc Wilson could make his first appearance of the season after injury but Bojan is more likely to return on Tuesday in the League Cup.
MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
"It's a sign of the times that Stoke can now fund a
"What's even more astonishing is that Xherdan Shaqiri might not make the starting line up at Norwich!
"Like Stoke, Norwich got their season off and running a week ago, capitalising on Sunderland's shortcomings impressively
"They have been brilliant on the road since
but he will appreciate that their survival chances need regular success at home. This fixture surely sits in the box marked 'winnable'."
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Norwich manager Alex Neil:
"I know it's the Premier League now and it's a higher level but the quality we have in the group is there for all to see.
"The players deserve all the plaudits that they're getting at the moment, but the Sunderland game is done and we need to move on to the next one.
"We want to make sure that our home form is good, and hopefully we can start that on Saturday."
Stoke manager Mark Hughes:
"I have just been speaking to the guys and I have told them that when we have a relatively fully fit squad of players, like we do now, then it is always going to be difficult to keep everybody happy.
"I think everybody's really enthused by what may be ahead in terms of selection and the team we can put out.
"With every signing there's always an element of risk, but when you shop at a different level then the guarantees are a little bit better, I would suggest."
It is hard to know how much to read into Norwich's win over Sunderland because the Black Cats were so bad, but it will give the Canaries a real confidence boost going into this game.
- Norwich have lost just one of their last 10 league meetings with Stoke City at Carrow Road.
- There have only been nine goals scored in the last seven league meetings.
- Norwich midfielder Bradley Johnson has scored the first goal of the game in the last two top-flight meetings between these sides at Carrow Road.
- Norwich have not started a Premier League season with more than one win in August since 1993-94, when they won three times.
- Manager Alex Neil has won 18 of his 27 competitive games in charge since taking over in January.
- Nathan Redmond has scored five goals in his last six appearances for the Canaries.
- Wes Hoolahan has provided three goal assists in two league games this season.
- Stoke's impressive draw at Tottenham last weekend was only their third point from the last 18 available away from home.
- They have scored just four goals in their last six away matches.
- Against Tottenham, Stoke came from two goals down to claim a point for the first tome since December 2012 against Southampton, and for the first time away since March 2009 at Aston Villa.
Also related to this story
06 Feb 2015
03 Nov 2014
02 Dec 2014